Naming of local inflows at junctions in HEC-ResSim

My co-workers recently encountered a problem with HEC-ResSim that I had not experienced.  The name of their local inflow happened to be the same as the name of the junction that the local inflow was being applied to.  We found out from HEC that ResSim doesn't like this so you want to make sure that the name given to the local inflow is different than the name of the junction.  This is illustrated in the two figures below.

In the figure below, I have selected the junction named "us model end of main".  This junction is highlighted in yellow.





I then selected "Edit Junction Properties" and went to the "Local Flow" tab.  I have given the local flow the name of "dummy main".  Had I given it the name "us model end of main", this could potentially cause issues with HEC-ResSim.




Comments

  1. I gave a unique name for a local flow and assigned a factor 1. Then I clicked apply and ok, but the windows doesn't shut itself. If I close the window, local flow is not assigned. Is this the problem with HEC-ResSim 3.3?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment